Timbrell’s Yard is a Grade II listed Coaching Inn in the centre of the lovely town of Bradford on Avon. Timbrell’s Yard offers a public bar, restaurant, courtyard and 17 en-suite rooms on raised ground, first and second floors. We want all our guests to feel welcome and to have a relaxing visit; where possible facilities are in place to accommodate all our visitors but the historic nature of the building means that there are some limitations to what we can offer as outlined in the following paragraphs. Please do call if there is anything you would like to discuss or clarify and we will do our best o meet your requirements.
- If you have any special access requirements it is useful if these can be specified when booking to ensure any preparations can be discussed in advance.
- Specific food requests, allergies or intolerances can be arranged in advance, please state any dietary requirements when booking.
- Menus and information can also be provided in large print by prior arrangement
- You can enlarge the font on our website by holding down the Ctrl key and pressing +
- We are always contactable and all our facilities can be booked by:
- Internet www.timbrellsyard.com
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01225 869492
Arrival & Parking
- Bradford on Avon is a rural town, and public transport is limited however there are regular bus services to Bath, Salisbury and Corsham. Bus timetables can be found at http://www.connectingwiltshire.co.uk/
- The nearest train station is in Bradford on Avon and is only 3 minutes walk from Timbrell’s Yard. Bradford on Avon lies on the line between Westbury and Bath. There are regular services to Bath which take around 12 minutes.
- There are local taxi services that have accessible taxis if required, but they require advance booking. Please ask at the time of booking.
Arrival by Car and Parking
- Bradford on Avon is easily accessible by car from the A36 a short distance to the west or from the M4 to the north.
- Timbrell’s Yard is situated next to the main public car park in Bradford on Avon (St Margaret’s car park). This car park has a three hour limit and contains a number of disabled bays. The station car park is situated a three minutes walk away along the river and has all day parking. We hold a number of permits for this car park which are available free of charge for overnight guests and can be collected from reception at check in.
- There are also 5 car spaces on site. These are available on a first come first served basis but shouldyou require disabled parking please do call in advance and we will do our best to allocate one for you.
- If you require assistance of any kind, please just ask. We are very happy to help with wheelchair pushing or carrying luggage.
Inside Timbrell’s Yard
- There are four doors into the ground floor of Timbrell’s Yard. There is level access across the patio area to the front door under the old portico and to the resident’s entrance to the right. These doors lead to the bar area and the disabled toilet. There is also level access across the car park area (via a small ramp) to the side door to the restaurant.
- The ground floor doors are open during our usual trading hours – generally 0730 – 2300 – see website or call for up to date information. The doors will be locked outside these hours and overnight guests will be given a key to the resident’s door at check in in case in case of late returns.
- Please do ask if you would like assistance with any doors.
- All the public areas at Timbrell’s Yard are on the ground floor.
- Once through the external doors there are no further doors throughout the interior of the groundfloor.
- All doors and corridors are wide enough for a wheelchair.
- There are a number of steps between the bar area and the restaurant but these can be bypassed by leaving the bar by the old front door and entering the restaurant by the door to the side.
- There are a number of steps up to the male and female public toilets but there is a disabled toilet onthe ground floor at easily accessible from the bar which is suitable for wheelchair users.
- The flooring is solid throughout the bar and restaurant.
- Dogs are allowed in the bar and external areas on a lead. We can provide water in a bowl upon request.
- The furniture in both restaurant and bar is flexible and can be moved on request to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Tables vary in height from 54 to 107 cm.
- The bar measures at 112 cm tall.
- The narrowest door on the ground floor is 83 cm wide.
- Lighting is good in all areas, although lights are dimmed in the restaurant during the evening service to create atmosphere.
- Background music is played in the public bar and restaurant areas.
Terrace & Patio Areas
- We have a lovely landscaped terrace and patio area with seating and tables. There is level access to this area from the bar.
- There are 17 en-suite bedrooms located on the raised ground, first and second floors.
- The raised ground floor rooms (301, 302 & 303) are accessed from the restaurant. There is a single step in the corridor outside these rooms. There is also a single step inside the rooms between the seating area and bathroom
- The first and second floor rooms are accessed via a staircase. There are also a number of steps in the corridors.
- Four of the first floor bedrooms (201, 202, 203 & 204) are split level with a lower seating area and araised sleeping area and bathroom on a mezzanine level accessed via a flight of stairs.
- Assistance dogs, such as Guide Dogs, are welcome to stay in the rooms.
Timbrell’s Yard is a very old, listed building and full of character. Unfortunately, the design and age of the building does not allow for the provision of a lift or fully accessible bedrooms and bathrooms. This means that wheelchair access to the upper floors is not possible. That said our staff are here to help in any way we can and please do discuss any requirements in advance.
Mobile phone reception is reasonable but guests are welcome to use Timbrell’s Yard’s landline where necessary.
- We are a no smoking building throughout. Smoking is only permitted in the open courtyard area.
- If any food or medication requires refrigeration, please ask and these can be stored in our main fridgeon request.
- We have tried to be as accurate and provide as much detail as we can in our Access Statement. Weare always willing to give information on any specific aspect of Timbrell’s Yard if this statement does not answer your particular requirement.
- Please inform us by telephone, email or letter of any specific requirements, giving us as much detailand advance notice as possible, so we can make your visit as comfortable as possible
Timbrell’s Yard, 49 St Margaret’s Street, Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1DE
Tel: 01225 869492
We hope you enjoy your visit!